Supplementary Resources for Teachers of Core Subjects
In Quality Counts 2008, the EPE Research Center found that most states supplement their academic content standards by providing teachers in core academic subjects with resources or guides to help them implement those standards. These resources include curriculum guides, assessment frameworks, and performance benchmarks. For the 2007-08 school year, teachers of English in all states and the District of Columbia had access to such materials. All states except for Minnesota provided math teachers with supplementary resources or guides, while Vermont was the one state without such resources in science. Forty-three states offered resources or guides for social studies, the lowest level of access among the four core subject areas.
For more state-by-state data, search EPE's Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Executive Director
- The Cooperating School Districts of Greater Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri
- Principal - Middle School
- MARANA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, Tucson, Arizona
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.