Preschool Enrollment Varies Across States
In recent years there has been an increase in funding and development of preschool programs with the goal of increasing nation-wide preschool enrollment. According to Quality Counts 2008 data from 2006, the most recent available, 46 percent of the nation’s 3- and 4-year-olds are enrolled in preschool programs. However, enrollment is not uniform across states. Children in New Jersey and the District of Columbia are enrolled in preschool at a rate of more than two out of three. However, only about three out of 10 children in Nevada and North Dakota are participating in preschool programs. Explore more state data in our Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Council Rock School District, Newtown, Pennsylvania
- K-12 Regional Sales Manager, Lucid for Education (Florida/Georgia or California)
- Lucid Software, Inc., California
- Chief Technology Officer
- Indian Prairie School District 204, Naperville, Illinois
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sheridan County School District 2, Sheridan, Wyoming
- ELEMENTARY ED 3
- Brevard Public Schools, Palm Bay, Florida