Preschool Enrollment Varies Across States
In recent years there has been an increase in funding and development of preschool programs with the goal of increasing nation-wide preschool enrollment. According to Quality Counts 2008 data from 2006, the most recent available, 46 percent of the nation’s 3- and 4-year-olds are enrolled in preschool programs. However, enrollment is not uniform across states. Children in New Jersey and the District of Columbia are enrolled in preschool at a rate of more than two out of three. However, only about three out of 10 children in Nevada and North Dakota are participating in preschool programs. Explore more state data in our Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Regional Director-Northeast Region
- NFTE, New York City, New York
- High School Teacher (Social Studies, Spanish, Counselor, Music/Drama)
- Erie High School in the St. Vrain Valley School District, Erie, Colorado
- Elementary Teacher
- LaTanja Riley-Hedgepeth - [email protected], Newport News, Virginia
- School Psychologist – Full time and Part time available
- LEARN Charter Network, Chicago, Illinois
- Education Program Manager II, Chief of Special Education Performance Support & Technical Assistance
- Maryland State Dept of Education, Baltimore, Maryland