Stat of the Week July 19, 2006
Research conducted by the EPE Research Center for Diplomas Count 2006 revealed a large range of course requirements for a student to earn a standard diploma from state to state. Seven states have no state guidelines, leaving the decision about requirements up to local control; for the other states, course requirements range from 13 courses to 24 courses. On average, states require 20.5 courses to receive a standard diploma.
To find out more about graduation policies in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Sales Specialist
- 6crickets Inc., Greater Boston Area, Greater NYC area, Greater Washington DC area, Connecticut, New Jersey
- Physical Education Teacher
- Jewish Child & Family Services, Chicago, Illinois
- Upper School Spanish Teacher
- The Hun School of Princeton, Princeton, New Jersey
- Elementary, Middle and High School Teachers in China
- Dipont Education, China (CN)
- Executive Director of Special Education
- Fairbanks North Star Borough School District, Fairbanks, Alaska