Stat of the Week July 19, 2006
Research conducted by the EPE Research Center for Diplomas Count 2006 revealed a large range of course requirements for a student to earn a standard diploma from state to state. Seven states have no state guidelines, leaving the decision about requirements up to local control; for the other states, course requirements range from 13 courses to 24 courses. On average, states require 20.5 courses to receive a standard diploma.
To find out more about graduation policies in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Superintendent, Rockville Centre School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Rockville Centre, New York
- Senior Associate, Development & External Affairs
- Close Up Foundation, Alexandria, Virginia
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- High School Math Instructional Coach
- KIPP Philadelphia Public Schools, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania