Stat of the Week July 19, 2006
Research conducted by the EPE Research Center for Diplomas Count 2006 revealed a large range of course requirements for a student to earn a standard diploma from state to state. Seven states have no state guidelines, leaving the decision about requirements up to local control; for the other states, course requirements range from 13 courses to 24 courses. On average, states require 20.5 courses to receive a standard diploma.
To find out more about graduation policies in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Principal - Middle School
- MARANA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, Tucson, Arizona
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Assistant Superintendent of Data, Intervention and Supports
- Kirkwood School District, Saint Louis, Missouri
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)