Stat of the Week July 19, 2006
Research conducted by the EPE Research Center for Diplomas Count 2006 revealed a large range of course requirements for a student to earn a standard diploma from state to state. Seven states have no state guidelines, leaving the decision about requirements up to local control; for the other states, course requirements range from 13 courses to 24 courses. On average, states require 20.5 courses to receive a standard diploma.
To find out more about graduation policies in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Elementary Teacher
- LaTanja Riley-Hedgepeth - [email protected], Newport News, Virginia
- School Psychologist – Full time and Part time available
- LEARN Charter Network, Chicago, Illinois
- High School Teacher (Social Studies, Spanish, Counselor, Music/Drama)
- Erie High School in the St. Vrain Valley School District, Erie, Colorado
- Resident Teacher - Master's Degree Programs
- Academy for Urban School Leadership, Chicago, Illinois
- Assistant Principal
- Elmwood Village Charter School, Buffalo, New York