Stat of the Week July 19, 2006
Research conducted by the EPE Research Center for Diplomas Count 2006 revealed a large range of course requirements for a student to earn a standard diploma from state to state. Seven states have no state guidelines, leaving the decision about requirements up to local control; for the other states, course requirements range from 13 courses to 24 courses. On average, states require 20.5 courses to receive a standard diploma.
To find out more about graduation policies in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Executive Director (Head of School)
- Triangle Associates, Burien, Washington State
- Superintendent of Schools
- Mount Markham Central School District , West Winfield, New York
- Principal, Bell Creek Academy
- Charter School Associates, Riverview, Florida