Stat of the Week July 19, 2006
Research conducted by the EPE Research Center for Diplomas Count 2006 revealed a large range of course requirements for a student to earn a standard diploma from state to state. Seven states have no state guidelines, leaving the decision about requirements up to local control; for the other states, course requirements range from 13 courses to 24 courses. On average, states require 20.5 courses to receive a standard diploma.
To find out more about graduation policies in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Preschool Director
- One City Schools, Madison, Wisconsin
- Division Director 1
- WestEd, San Francisco, California
- Seeking an Ambitious and Passionate English High School Teacher
- Archimedean Upper Conservatory, Miami, Florida
- Information Technology Assistant
- Eagle Hill School, Hardwick, Massachusetts
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona