Stat of the Week June 8, 2006
The creation of smaller high schools as a way to increase performance has garnered increasing attention in recent years. An analysis of high schools conducted in 2004 by the EPE Research Center revealed a large disparity in school size from state to state. In Arkansas, 74 percent of students attended high schools with fewer than 900 students, while in Florida only 5 percent of students attended such high schools.
To find out more about school climate in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Director in Training
- Learning Care Group, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Assistant Superintendent for Support Services
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- High School Geometry Teacher
- Confidential, Paramus, New Jersey