Stat of the Week May 4, 2006
A nationwide survey conducted for Technology Counts 2006, the latest special project from the EPE Research Center, finds that only nine states are able to link student and teacher identifiers in their state data system. These identifiers track information about students and teachers as they move across districts, schools, and classes within the state. Currently, 44 states have unique student identifiers, and 43 states have unique teacher identifiers, but only 13 states have identifiers for students linked to advanced data. Eighteen states link their teacher identifier to advanced data. The survey also found that of the states that link identifiers to advanced data, only five link their student and teacher data systems.
To find out more about school technology in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Executive Director
- Tarrant To and Through Partnership (T3), Fort Worth, Texas
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- School Psychologist
- Milford Public Schools, Milford, Connecticut
- Special Education Teacher
- Greenwich Education Group, Stamford, Connecticut
- 2019-2020 School Psychologist
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US