Stat of the Week April 27, 2006
In 2004, just over half the states offered recruitment incentives, such as signing bonuses or tuition assistance, for special education teachers. Only eight states used similar incentives, including salary increases and pay bonuses, to retain special education teachers.
To find out more about special education in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Founding Principal - Environmental Charter High School (ECHS)
- Environmental Charter School, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Superintendent, Atlanta Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Atlanta, Georgia
- Superintendent of Schools
- Mount Markham Central School District , West Winfield, New York
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona