Stat of the Week April 19, 2006
Just 13 states have policies in place related to pay-for-performance programs for teachers. Seven states have programs in place that pay teachers based on demonstrated classroom skills and teaching knowledge, while the same number offer financial rewards to teachers linked to increased student achievement.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
- Special Education Teachers
- Lancaster Lebanon IU 13, Lancaster, PA, US
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sheridan County School District 2, Sheridan, Wyoming
- Communications Officer
- Hamilton County Department of Education, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Electronics Research Lab Director
- Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, Alexandria, Virginia
- Intermediate Level Principal
- Goshen Community Schools, Goshen, Indiana