Stat of the Week April 12, 2006
From 1999 to 2005 the number of charter schools nationwide grew from 1,680 to 3,625. As of 2005, the five states with the most charter schoolsCalifornia, Arizona, Florida, Ohio, and Texasaccounted for over half of the number of charter schools in the nation, with a combined total of 1,903 schools.
To find out more about school choice in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- District Superintendent & Chief Executive Officer
- Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES, New Hartford, New York
- Education Program Manager II, Chief of Special Education Performance Support & Technical Assistance
- Maryland State Dept of Education, Baltimore, Maryland
- High School Teacher (Social Studies, Spanish, Counselor, Music/Drama)
- Erie High School in the St. Vrain Valley School District, Erie, Colorado
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- Assistant Principal
- Elmwood Village Charter School, Buffalo, New York