Stat of the Week April 12, 2006
From 1999 to 2005 the number of charter schools nationwide grew from 1,680 to 3,625. As of 2005, the five states with the most charter schoolsCalifornia, Arizona, Florida, Ohio, and Texasaccounted for over half of the number of charter schools in the nation, with a combined total of 1,903 schools.
To find out more about school choice in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Spanish Teacher (PK-8) for 2020-21
- East Baton Rouge Parish Schools, Baton Rouge, LA, US
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Division Director 1
- WestEd, San Francisco, California
- Preschool Director
- One City Schools, Madison, Wisconsin
- Information Technology Assistant
- Eagle Hill School, Hardwick, Massachusetts