Stat of the Week April 6, 2006
Only six states currently have an emergency-licensed teacher ban or cap. These states prevent schools from hiring emergency-licensed teachers, limit the number of teachers with emergency licenses employed in the state, or restrict the ability of teachers to bypass state licensure requirements.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Director in Training
- Learning Care Group, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Program Associate
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.