Stat of the Week April 6, 2006
Only six states currently have an emergency-licensed teacher ban or cap. These states prevent schools from hiring emergency-licensed teachers, limit the number of teachers with emergency licenses employed in the state, or restrict the ability of teachers to bypass state licensure requirements.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
- Intermediate Level Principal
- Goshen Community Schools, Goshen, Indiana
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sheridan County School District 2, Sheridan, Wyoming
- Special Education Teacher
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Superintendent, Lyons Township High School District 204
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, La Grange, Illinois
- Superintendent, Albuquerque Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Albuquerque, New Mexico