Stat of the Week April 6, 2006
Only six states currently have an emergency-licensed teacher ban or cap. These states prevent schools from hiring emergency-licensed teachers, limit the number of teachers with emergency licenses employed in the state, or restrict the ability of teachers to bypass state licensure requirements.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Middle School Principal
- Andover Public Schools, Andover, Massachusetts
- Product Manager
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- International School of the Peninsula Head of School
- RG175, Nationwide
- Physical Education Teacher
- Jewish Child & Family Services, Chicago, Illinois
- Upper School Spanish Teacher
- The Hun School of Princeton, Princeton, New Jersey