Stat of the Week April 6, 2006
Only six states currently have an emergency-licensed teacher ban or cap. These states prevent schools from hiring emergency-licensed teachers, limit the number of teachers with emergency licenses employed in the state, or restrict the ability of teachers to bypass state licensure requirements.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Physics Teacher (Grade 9) SY18-19
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston Public Schools , Boston, Massachusetts
- Elementary School Teacher
- San Juan Island School District, Washington State
- Chief Education Officer
- DECA, Reston, Virginia
- Senior Editor
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, DC, starting 7/1/2019
- The Gan at Adas Israel, 2850 Quebec St, NW, Washington D.C.