Stat of the Week April 6, 2006
Only six states currently have an emergency-licensed teacher ban or cap. These states prevent schools from hiring emergency-licensed teachers, limit the number of teachers with emergency licenses employed in the state, or restrict the ability of teachers to bypass state licensure requirements.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Teacher and Teaching Assistants (Birth - Grade 2)
- League Education and Treatment Center, Brooklyn, New York
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Superintendent - Bessemer, Alabama
- Alabama Association of School Boards, Bessemer, Alabama
- Special Education Teacher
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Founding Principal
- Academies of Math and Science, Phoenix, Arizona