Stat of the Week March 8, 2006
Almost every state has established an alternative-route program to recruit individuals with at least a bachelor's degree into teaching. Twenty-eight states require subject-area tests for alternative-route participants and 27 mandate subject-area coursework for candidates choosing this route.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Chief Communications Officer
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, Georgia
- Director of System Level Partnerships
- Teaching Matters, New York City, New York
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Special Education
- Marion County Public Schools, Ocala, Florida