Stat of the Week March 8, 2006
Almost every state has established an alternative-route program to recruit individuals with at least a bachelor's degree into teaching. Twenty-eight states require subject-area tests for alternative-route participants and 27 mandate subject-area coursework for candidates choosing this route.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Regional Director-Northeast Region
- NFTE, New York City, New York
- High School Principal
- Paramount Unified School District, California
- School Principal
- Immaculate High School, Danbury, Connecticut
- Assistant Principal
- Elmwood Village Charter School, Buffalo, New York
- Elementary Teacher
- LaTanja Riley-Hedgepeth - [email protected], Newport News, Virginia