Stat of the Week March 8, 2006
Almost every state has established an alternative-route program to recruit individuals with at least a bachelor's degree into teaching. Twenty-eight states require subject-area tests for alternative-route participants and 27 mandate subject-area coursework for candidates choosing this route.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- Education Program Manager II, Chief of Special Education Performance Support & Technical Assistance
- Maryland State Dept of Education, Baltimore, Maryland
- Regional Director-Northeast Region
- NFTE, New York City, New York
- School Psychologist – Full time and Part time available
- LEARN Charter Network, Chicago, Illinois
- Resident Teacher - Master's Degree Programs
- Academy for Urban School Leadership, Chicago, Illinois