Stat of the Week February 16, 2006
Just 14 states hold teacher education programs accountable for how graduates fare in a classroom setting. These states utilize on-the-job evaluations to assess the performance of their graduates or have an institutional warranty requiring teacher-preparation programs to provide additional training to graduates identified as in need of extra assistance.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
- Communications Officer
- Hamilton County Department of Education, Chattanooga, Tennessee
- Principal, Middle School (Glasgow)
- Fairfax County Public Schools, Falls Church, VA, US
- Elementary Teacher Grade 1-5
- American United School of Kuwait, Kuwait (KW)
- Assistant to the Superintendent for Secondary Education
- South Fayette Township School District, McDonald, Pennsylvania
- Special Education Teacher
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois