Stat of the Week February 8, 2006
Thirty-three states and the District of Columbia enforce specific penalties for incidents of school violence. This includes policies on suspension or expulsion of students for violent acts against teachers; policies for removing disruptive students from classrooms or schools; and/or policies related to criminal activity on school property.
To find out more about school climate in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Special Education
- Marion County Public Schools, Ocala, Florida
- Director of System Level Partnerships
- Teaching Matters, New York City, New York
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania