Stat of the Week February 2, 2006
Sixteen states currently have accountability systems in place that allow students at low-performing schools to transfer to other schools. In addition, 14 states include the option of turning over low-performing schools to private or non-profit firms in their accountability plans. States get credit if sanctions apply statewide, not just to Title I schools.
To find out more about accountability in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Head of School
- The Lab School of Washhington, Washington D.C.
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Dean, School of Education and Professional Studies
- SUNY Potsdam, Nationwide
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida