Stat of the Week February 2, 2006
Sixteen states currently have accountability systems in place that allow students at low-performing schools to transfer to other schools. In addition, 14 states include the option of turning over low-performing schools to private or non-profit firms in their accountability plans. States get credit if sanctions apply statewide, not just to Title I schools.
To find out more about accountability in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of System Level Partnerships
- Teaching Matters, New York City, New York
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, DC, starting 7/1/2019
- The Gan at Adas Israel, 2850 Quebec St, NW, Washington D.C.
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Special Education
- Marion County Public Schools, Ocala, Florida
- Chief Communications Officer
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, Georgia