Stat of the Week February 2, 2006
Sixteen states currently have accountability systems in place that allow students at low-performing schools to transfer to other schools. In addition, 14 states include the option of turning over low-performing schools to private or non-profit firms in their accountability plans. States get credit if sanctions apply statewide, not just to Title I schools.
To find out more about accountability in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Executive Director
- Tarrant To and Through Partnership (T3), Fort Worth, Texas
- School Psychologist
- Milford Public Schools, Milford, Connecticut
- 2019-2020 School Psychologist
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)