Stat of the Week February 2, 2006
Sixteen states currently have accountability systems in place that allow students at low-performing schools to transfer to other schools. In addition, 14 states include the option of turning over low-performing schools to private or non-profit firms in their accountability plans. States get credit if sanctions apply statewide, not just to Title I schools.
To find out more about accountability in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Improvement and Impact Design Team
- Battelle for Kids, Columbus, Ohio
- Middle School Principal
- Andover Public Schools, Andover, Massachusetts
- Product Manager
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- JOB FAIR at THE SEED SCHOOL OF MARYLAND on March 2, 2019 from 9:00 AM-1:00 PM
- SEED School of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland
- Upper School Spanish Teacher
- The Hun School of Princeton, Princeton, New Jersey