Stat of the Week February 2, 2006
Sixteen states currently have accountability systems in place that allow students at low-performing schools to transfer to other schools. In addition, 14 states include the option of turning over low-performing schools to private or non-profit firms in their accountability plans. States get credit if sanctions apply statewide, not just to Title I schools.
To find out more about accountability in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Associate Head of School
- The Bolles School, Jacksonville, Florida
- Superintendent, Billings Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Billings, Montana
- Head of School Gulf Stream School
- Gulf Stream School, Gulf Stream, Florida
- President- Saint Martin de Porres High School
- Saint Martin de Porres High School, Cleveland, Ohio
- Become a Certified Teacher with the Teach Western Mass Residency: Apply by March 19th
- Teach Western Mass, Holyoke, Massachusetts