Stat of the Week January 26, 2006
The number of states requiring all of their middle school teachers to minor in the subjects they will teach for an initial teacher license dropped from 18 in 2004 to 12 in 2006. Only three states require prospective middle school teachers to have subject-area majors to earn initial licenses.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Join Petersburg City Public Schools for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, Petersburg, Virginia
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- 2019-20 Middle or High School Inclusion Specialist (SpEd) Teacher ($7,500 signing bonus)
- Bright Star Schools, Los Angeles, California
- Join Collaborative for Educational Services for a Virtual Career Fair for Teachers
- TopSchoolJobs eXPO, Northampton, Massachusetts
- Teacher of the Blind / Visually Impaired
- Detroit Lakes Public Schools, Detroit Lakes, Minnesota