Stat of the Week January 26, 2006
The number of states requiring all of their middle school teachers to minor in the subjects they will teach for an initial teacher license dropped from 18 in 2004 to 12 in 2006. Only three states require prospective middle school teachers to have subject-area majors to earn initial licenses.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Principal - Middle School
- MARANA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, Tucson, Arizona
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Executive Director
- The Cooperating School Districts of Greater Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri