Stat of the Week January 26, 2006
The number of states requiring all of their middle school teachers to minor in the subjects they will teach for an initial teacher license dropped from 18 in 2004 to 12 in 2006. Only three states require prospective middle school teachers to have subject-area majors to earn initial licenses.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, DC, starting 7/1/2019
- The Gan at Adas Israel, 2850 Quebec St, NW, Washington D.C.
- Chief Communications Officer
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, Georgia
- Director of System Level Partnerships
- Teaching Matters, New York City, New York
- Special Education
- Marion County Public Schools, Ocala, Florida
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.