Stat of the Week January 11, 2006
Forty-seven states currently include extended response test items in English or writing on state high school assessments, up from 42 in 2002. But only 21 states utilize these test items in other subjects; twenty-nine states include short answer questions on state exams at the high school level.
To find out more about assessments in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Dean, School of Education and Professional Studies
- SUNY Potsdam, Nationwide
- Assistant Superintendent of Data, Intervention and Supports
- Kirkwood School District, Saint Louis, Missouri
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Executive Director
- The Cooperating School Districts of Greater Kansas City, Kansas City, Missouri