Stat of the Week December 28, 2005
Twenty-nine states currently have policies in place to sanction low-performing schools. Reconstitution, which can involve the removal or re-evaluation of school staff, is the most common sanction included in state accountability systems. In comparison, 17 states have programs in place to reward successful or high-performing schools with extra funds.
To find out more about accountability in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Territory Manager USA, North America
- Bright Advertising, New York City, New York
- Librarian, US/IB curriculum, Dubai. Aug 2019
- Galvin Education, Dubai (Emirate) (AE)
- Principal - Middle School
- MARANA UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT, Tucson, Arizona
- Head of School
- The Lab School of Washhington, Washington D.C.