Stat of the Week December 21, 2005
The number of states with written professional-development standards for teachers rose to 35 over the past year. In addition, 27 states currently finance professional development for all districts, and 13 require schools or districts to reserve a specific amount of time for such training.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
- Electronics Research Lab Director
- Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology, Alexandria, Virginia
- Special Education Teachers
- Lancaster Lebanon IU 13, Lancaster, PA, US
- Special Education Teacher
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Superintendent, Albuquerque Public Schools
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Intermediate Level Principal
- Goshen Community Schools, Goshen, Indiana