Stat of the Week December 21, 2005
The number of states with written professional-development standards for teachers rose to 35 over the past year. In addition, 27 states currently finance professional development for all districts, and 13 require schools or districts to reserve a specific amount of time for such training.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- White River Elementary School Principal
- Hartford School District, White River Junction, Vermont
- School Bus Driver
- Madison Highland Prep, Phoenix, Arizona
- Essex Westford School District, Essex Junction, VT, US
- School Psychologist
- Milford Public Schools, Milford, Connecticut
- Executive Director
- Tarrant To and Through Partnership (T3), Fort Worth, Texas