Stat of the Week December 21, 2005
The number of states with written professional-development standards for teachers rose to 35 over the past year. In addition, 27 states currently finance professional development for all districts, and 13 require schools or districts to reserve a specific amount of time for such training.
To find out more about teacher quality in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- School Principal
- Immaculate High School, Danbury, Connecticut
- High School Teacher (Social Studies, Spanish, Counselor, Music/Drama)
- Erie High School in the St. Vrain Valley School District, Erie, Colorado
- Resident Teacher - Master's Degree Programs
- Academy for Urban School Leadership, Chicago, Illinois
- Assistant Principal
- Elmwood Village Charter School, Buffalo, New York
- Education Program Manager II, Chief of Special Education Performance Support & Technical Assistance
- Maryland State Dept of Education, Baltimore, Maryland