Stat of the Week December 7, 2005
Less than half the states currently require students to pass an exit or end-of-course exam in order to graduate. Only six of these states have an appeals process for the mandated exams, while 14 require remediation for failing students such as extra learning time or summer school.
To find out more about assessment in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Regional Director-Northeast Region
- NFTE, New York City, New York
- School Based Mental Health Professional
- Okanogan Behavioral HealthCare, Omak, Washington State
- Education Program Manager II, Chief of Special Education Performance Support & Technical Assistance
- Maryland State Dept of Education, Baltimore, Maryland
- Elementary Teacher
- LaTanja Riley-Hedgepeth - [email protected], Newport News, Virginia
- School Psychologist – Full time and Part time available
- LEARN Charter Network, Chicago, Illinois