Stat of the Week December 7, 2005
Less than half the states currently require students to pass an exit or end-of-course exam in order to graduate. Only six of these states have an appeals process for the mandated exams, while 14 require remediation for failing students such as extra learning time or summer school.
To find out more about assessment in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Director, Improvement and Impact Design Team
- Battelle for Kids, Columbus, Ohio
- Product Manager
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- International School of the Peninsula Head of School
- RG175, Nationwide
- Upper School Spanish Teacher
- The Hun School of Princeton, Princeton, New Jersey
- Middle School Principal
- Andover Public Schools, Andover, Massachusetts