Stat of the Week November 30, 2005
In 2005, the most common weight or adjustment used by states in their school finance formula was designed to allocate more funding to special education students. In addition, twenty-five states made adjustments to provide additional funds for English language-learners and twenty-three made adjustments for students in poverty.
To find out more about school finance in the 50 states and the District of Columbia, access the Education Counts database.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Teacher (Social Studies, Spanish, Counselor, Music/Drama)
- Erie High School in the St. Vrain Valley School District, Erie, Colorado
- School Principal
- Immaculate High School, Danbury, Connecticut
- District Superintendent & Chief Executive Officer
- Oneida-Herkimer-Madison BOCES, New Hartford, New York
- Regional Director-Northeast Region
- NFTE, New York City, New York
- Elementary Teacher
- LaTanja Riley-Hedgepeth - [email protected], Newport News, Virginia