March 27, 2002
Vol. 21, Issue 28
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 30 - On Assignment
Female athletes often struggle to get equal resources—much less recognition. Not so in Fosston, Minn., where the girls' basketball team wins games and the adoration of an entire town.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Vice President for Academic Services
- Oklahoma School of Science and Math, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- School Designer
- Abl, San Francisco, California
- Director - Instructional Leadership
- Center for Educational Leadership, University of Washington College of Education, Nationwide
- Math Specialist
- Roosevelt Children's Academy, Roosevelt, New York
- Charter School Teachers
- RCMA Charter Schools, Immokalee, Florida