March 20, 2002
Vol. 21, Issue 27
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
A new tax break measure included in the economic-stimulus package passed by Congress this month allows teachers, their aides, principals, and counselors can take a federal tax deduction of up to $250 annually for out-of-pocket classroom expenses.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Chief Financial Officer
- Portsmouth Public Schools, Portsmouth, Virginia
- Superintendent, Chambersburg Area School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
- International College Counselor
- Cheongna Dalton School (CDS), Nationwide
- Principal, Chappaqua Central School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Chappaqua, New York
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.