January 24, 2001
Vol. 20, Issue 19
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 36 - Commentary
Chester E. Finn Jr., Bruno V. Manno, and Diane Ravitch—all three former assistant secretaries of education—advise the new president to get tough on education.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Chief Communications Officer
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, Georgia
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Director of System Level Partnerships
- Teaching Matters, New York City, New York