October 6, 1993
Vol. 13, Issue 05
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
Some of the nation's top high school basketball players may have endangered their eligibility to play this season by participating in a competition sponsored by the Nike Corporation in Oregon last month.
A commission appointed by the New York State Board of Regents warned last week of a "developing crisis'' in the state's public and private higher-education systems.
As she launched the Administration's drive to sell its health-care-reform proposal by testifying before several Congressional committees last week, Hillary Rodham Clinton emphasized the need to provide all Americans--particularly young ones--with high-quality, affordable care.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Teach Western Mass - Openings in Math/SPED/ESL!
- Teach Western Mass, Springfield, Massachusetts
- Math Specialist
- Roosevelt Children's Academy, Roosevelt, New York
- Director - Instructional Leadership
- Center for Educational Leadership, University of Washington College of Education, Nationwide
- Vice President for Academic Services
- Oklahoma School of Science and Math, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Variety of Teaching, Support & Coaching Positions in beautiful, western, Colorado!
- Garfield School District Re-2, Nationwide