June 9, 1993
Vol. 12, Issue 37
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
Nine of the 11 design teams funded by the New American Schools Development Corporation will receive new, two-year contracts to carry out their blueprints, the NASDC board voted last week.
ATLANTA--On the cover of an Atlanta Project brochure is a compelling photograph. The background features this city's gleaming skyline, a metal-and-glass vision of a prosperous late-20th-century metropolis.
PAGE 26 - Commentary
I noticed a call for manuscripts on 'The Changing Curriculum" in an educational journal and thought, "Hmm. That should be an interesting issue, now that so many schools are involved in restructuring." Later, however, as I remembered my own career in education, I realized that the truest statement I could make about change in schools is, 'The more things change, the more they stay the same."
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Math Specialist
- Roosevelt Children's Academy, Roosevelt, New York
- High School Principal - award winning school in beautiful CAPE COD, MA
- Nauset Public Schools, Eastham, Massachusetts
- Vice President for Academic Services
- Oklahoma School of Science and Math, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- High School Principal - Monument Mountain Regional High School
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Great Barrington, Massachusetts
- Science Curriculum Coordinator (JK-12)
- Cambridge Public Schools, Cambridge, Massachusetts