August 1, 1990
Vol. 09, Issue 40
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 47 - Commentary
In his recent Commentary ("National Service: 'Idea Whose Time Will Never Come,"' May 30, 1990), Doug Bandow wrote that national service "is simply an idea whose time will never come." Ironically, it is likely that some version of the idea will soon be approved by both houses of the Congress.
PAGE 64 - Commentary
Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. Humpty Dumpty . . . .
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Product Manager
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- School Sales Specialist
- 6crickets Inc., Greater Boston Area, Greater NYC area, Greater Washington DC area, Connecticut, New Jersey
- Director, Improvement and Impact Design Team
- Battelle for Kids, Columbus, Ohio
- Elementary Teacher
- Moving Everest Charter School, Chicago, Illinois
- Head of School / Principal
- La Academia Partnership Charter School, Lancaster, Pennsylvania