April 25, 1990
Vol. 09, Issue 31
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 32 - Commentary
Whenever the conversation turns to "restructuring" schools, I think of my former student David, an angry, violent teenager from a troubled inner-city family. Our public schools are encountering more and more young people like him.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Superintendent, Malverne Union Free School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Malverne, New York
- Special Education Teacher
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)
- Assistant Principal, Elementary & Secondary (see addt'l job info.)
- Washoe County School District, Reno, NV, US
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida