March 7, 1990
Vol. 09, Issue 24
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 27 - Commentary
The recent political changes in Eastern Europe interest everyone. Barriers that closed that region from the rest of the world are disappearing; walls dedicated to separating Easterners from Westerners are becoming historical monuments.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Full Time Special Education Teachers, K-12
- PA Virtual Charter School, Pennsylvania
- K-12 Regional Sales Manager, Lucid for Education (Florida/Georgia or California)
- Lucid Software, Inc., California
- Online Course Content Writer
- #T.E.A.C.H. (Training Educators And Creating Hope), Plymouth, Michigan
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sheridan County School District 2, Sheridan, Wyoming
- Chief Technology Officer
- Indian Prairie School District 204, Naperville, Illinois