February 14, 1990
Vol. 09, Issue 21
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 24 - Commentary
Dennis L. Evans is principal of Newport Harbor High School in Newport Beach, Calif., and instructor in educational administration at the University of California at Irvine.
PAGE 44 - Commentary
When advocating programs for gifted children, I have often felt as if I were having to confront the world depicted in Kurt Vonnegut Jr.'s science-fiction story "Harrison Bergeron."
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Elementary Teacher
- Cherokee Central School, Cherokee, North Carolina
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Partner Engagement Manager
- AVID Center, Southern California
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Director of Curriculum/Instruction and Assessment
- JCFS Chicago, Chicago, Illinois