November 29, 1989
Vol. 09, Issue 13
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 24 - Commentary
I read the headline of Gene I. Maeroff's Commentary ("'School Smart' Parents Strengthen Education," Oct. 25, 1989) with enthusiasm. I share the outlook it seemed to suggest, and since I'm always eager to read the opinions of someone who agrees with me, I started right in. By the end of the essay, however, Mr. Maeroff and I had parted ways--he having estimated too conservatively the role of parents in their children's education.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- High School Math Instructional Coach
- KIPP Philadelphia Public Schools, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Assistant Principal
- The New York Institute for Special Education, Bronx, New York
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Newport News Foundation Director
- Newport News Public Schools, Newport News, VA, US
- University Guidance Counselor. IB School. Dubai.
- Galvin Education, Dubai (City) (AE)