August 2, 1989
Vol. 08, Issue 40
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 30 - Commentary
Nothing is about what you think it is about, including you," said the author Neil Postman at a National Council of Teachers of English convention about 25 years ago.
PAGE 40 - Commentary
In a forthcoming report commissioned by Wisconsin's superintendent of public instruction, a task force on leadership, training, and licensure predicts a "future crisis resulting from a shortage of qualified, licensed school administrators."
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Middle School Principal
- Andover Public Schools, Andover, Massachusetts
- Executive Director of Special Education
- Fairbanks North Star Borough School District, Fairbanks, Alaska
- International School of the Peninsula Head of School
- RG175, Nationwide
- Upper School Spanish Teacher
- The Hun School of Princeton, Princeton, New Jersey
- Physical Education Teacher
- Jewish Child & Family Services, Chicago, Illinois