June 14, 1989
Vol. 08, Issue 38
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 27 - Commentary
Meet Carlos. He's a senior at American High School in Fremont, Calif. He's also a central character in a recent public-television documentary on U.S. education.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Chief Financial Officer
- Portsmouth Public Schools, Portsmouth, Virginia
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Principal, Chappaqua Central School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Chappaqua, New York