May 31, 1989
Vol. 08, Issue 36
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 23 - Commentary
Gerald W. Bracey's Commentary on the relationship between "basic" and "higher order" skills ("Advocates of Basic Skills 'Know What Ain't So,"' April 5, 1989) misses the mark on several counts.
PAGE 32 - Commentary
These past few weeks have been hard ones for the young people of Manhattan's District 4.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Online Course Content Writer
- #T.E.A.C.H. (Training Educators And Creating Hope), Plymouth, Michigan
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sheridan County School District 2, Sheridan, Wyoming
- Full Time Special Education Teachers, K-12
- PA Virtual Charter School, Pennsylvania
- Chief Technology Officer
- Indian Prairie School District 204, Naperville, Illinois
- K-12 Regional Sales Manager, Lucid for Education (Florida/Georgia or California)
- Lucid Software, Inc., California