March 8, 1989
Vol. 08, Issue 24
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 26 - Commentary
My research and my work with laboratory-safety programs have convinced me that schools are not doing enough to promote safety in the laboratory--and that this oversight is endangering lives.
PAGE 36 - Commentary
When Iran's Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini threatened the life of the author Salman Rushdie last month, an international drama began.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Director - Instructional Leadership
- Center for Educational Leadership, University of Washington College of Education, Nationwide
- School Designer
- Abl, San Francisco, California
- Vice President for Academic Services
- Oklahoma School of Science and Math, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Math Specialist
- Roosevelt Children's Academy, Roosevelt, New York
- Science Curriculum Coordinator (JK-12)
- Cambridge Public Schools, Cambridge, Massachusetts