February 22, 1989
Vol. 08, Issue 22
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 36 - Commentary
O.K., let's see a show of hands: Who else is tired of "blue ribbon" commissions full of corporate, governmental, and academic luminaries pontificating on the crisis in the public schools?
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sheridan County School District 2, Sheridan, Wyoming
- K-12 Regional Sales Manager, Lucid for Education (Florida/Georgia or California)
- Lucid Software, Inc., California
- Chief Technology Officer
- Indian Prairie School District 204, Naperville, Illinois
- Online Course Content Writer
- #T.E.A.C.H. (Training Educators And Creating Hope), Plymouth, Michigan
- Deputy Superintendent of Academics
- Providence Public Schools, Providence, Rhode Island