January 18, 1989
Vol. 08, Issue 17
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
Washington--George O. Jones Jr., a teacher from the state of Maine, will be attending the Presidential inauguration of George Bush this week, even though he is not exactly sure why.
PAGE 40 - Commentary
Under the auspices of the St. Louis school district, trained parent educators make monthly visits to the families of young children to provide information on child development and demonstrate age-appropriate activities for children.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- ELEMENTARY ED 3
- Brevard Public Schools, Palm Bay, Florida
- Council Rock School District, Newtown, Pennsylvania
- Superintendent of Schools
- Sheridan County School District 2, Sheridan, Wyoming
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellow
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- K-12 Regional Sales Manager, Lucid for Education (Florida/Georgia or California)
- Lucid Software, Inc., California