October 12, 1988
Vol. 08, Issue 06
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 24 - Commentary
Backers of the National Assessment of Educational Progress's plan to conduct a field test allowing state-by-state comparisons of student achievement early next year rationalize in several ways the decision of only about 20 states to participate in the test ("Fewer Than Half of States Join naep 'Pre-Test', " Sept. 7, 1988).
PAGE 32 - Commentary
Despite a promise that he wouldn't "be putting out Bill Bennett's list of books for the American people," William J . Bennett does indeed have a little list.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- High School Geometry Teacher
- Confidential, Paramus, New Jersey
- Special Education Middle/High School Principal
- AHRC New York City, New York (Manhattan) County, New York
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.