September 14, 1988
Vol. 08, Issue 03
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 31 - Commentary
Vincent Rogers's Commentary, "School Texts: The Outlook of Teachers" (Aug. 3,1988), pits the views of external textbook critics against those of classroom teachers, who are said to regard their textbooks as "realistic," "relevant to children's lives," and "fair in their treatment of a variety of difficult issues."
PAGE 40 - Commentary
For many school psychologists, the realities of practice and the politics of schooling have discouraged the transformation of excellence in training into excellence in application. In fact, the discrepancy between the skills of psychologists and the roles to which school bureaucracies restrict them represents a retreat from excellence.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Assistant Superintendent, Innovative Programs
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, GA, US
- Chief Communications Officer
- Fulton County Schools, Atlanta, Georgia
- Director of System Level Partnerships
- Teaching Matters, New York City, New York
- Middle States Association Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools , Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Director of the Gan Preschool at Adas Israel Congregation, Washington, DC, starting 7/1/2019
- The Gan at Adas Israel, 2850 Quebec St, NW, Washington D.C.