June 8, 1988
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
Because of such conflicting interests, they write, the influence of the schools "has been neither consistent nor positive in the professionalization of teaching.''
The authors--professors of education at the University of California, Berkeley--base their analysis on case studies tracing the historical development of graduate departments associated with "the nation's most influential research universities.''
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- High School Principal - Monument Mountain Regional High School
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Great Barrington, Massachusetts
- Vice President for Academic Services
- Oklahoma School of Science and Math, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Math Specialist
- Roosevelt Children's Academy, Roosevelt, New York
- School Designer
- Abl, San Francisco, California
- Charter School Teachers
- RCMA Charter Schools, Immokalee, Florida