April 30, 1988
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
Mr. Kearns, chairman and chief executive officer of Xerox Corporation, and Mr. Doyle, a senior research fellow at the Hudson Institute, propose a six-point program for change: allowing parents more choice in the schools their children attend, restructuring school organization, fostering professionalism among teachers, raising academic standards for students, teaching the values of American democratic society, and clarifying the role of the federal government in education.
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
- Upper Elementary Teacher
- Green Ivy Schools, New York City, New York
- Principal, Northview High School
- Dothan City Schools, Dothan, Alabama
- High School Principal - Monument Mountain Regional High School
- Berkshire Hills Regional School District, Great Barrington, Massachusetts
- School Designer
- Abl, San Francisco, California
- Vice President for Academic Services
- Oklahoma School of Science and Math, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma