January 28, 1987
Vol. 06, Issue 18
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 20 - Commentary
When the L.J. Campbell School in Atlanta introduced the concept of "academic redshirting," those of us involved in the project I were aiming to allow kindergarten children the extra time they needed to master necessary skills, without conveying the sense of failure that
PAGE 28 - Commentary
During my years as director of a university counseling center, I have had nagging suspicions about the psychological fads and fetishes that sweep through our educational institutions at regular intervals.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Math Coach
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Superintendent, Chambersburg Area School District
- Hazard, Young, Attea & Associates, Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Chief Financial Officer
- Portsmouth Public Schools, Portsmouth, Virginia