December 17, 1986
Vol. 06, Issue 15
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 18 - Commentary
As consumers of professional services, we usually lack the expertise to judge whether or not a practitioner’s formal preparation has adequately prepared him to deliver such services in an effective and safe fashion.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Executive Director, internal Board Auditor
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Assistant Superintendent for Support Services
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Director in Training
- Learning Care Group, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Program Associate
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts