May 29, 1985
Vol. 04, Issue 36
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 28 - Commentary
One of the door handles is missing; the metal kick plate is loose at the bottom. The students don't quite look at me. Is it that I'm not one of them, or are they simply insecure themselves?
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- ESE Teacher
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Special Education Middle/High School Principal
- AHRC New York City, New York (Manhattan) County, New York
- High School Geometry Teacher
- Confidential, Paramus, New Jersey
- Assistant Superintendent for Support Services
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, Chapel Hill, North Carolina