October 19, 1983
Vol. 03, Issue 07
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 19 - Commentary
Lately I have been observing a cruel, almost combative hostility toward children that amounts to a new cult of toughness.
PAGE 24 - Commentary
We have been treated to--or should I say bludgeoned with--a number of devastating reports on the sorry state of American education.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- High School Geometry Teacher
- Confidential, Paramus, New Jersey
- Director in Training
- Learning Care Group, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Special Education Middle/High School Principal
- AHRC New York City, New York (Manhattan) County, New York