October 5, 1983
Vol. 03, Issue 05
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 19 - Commentary
Gloomy returns from many inquiries into the general condition of science education continue to come in.
PAGE 24 - Commentary
An enormous outcry has greeted the Reagan Administration's attempts to cut back federal subsidies to college education.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Math Teacher
- Erie High School, Erie, Colorado
- President - President Southern Association of Independent Schools
- SAIS, Norcross, Georgia
- Portland Public Schools - Deputy Superintendent of Business & Operations
- Portland Public Schools, Portland, Oregon
- Elementary School Principal
- Baltimore Curriculum Project, Baltimore, Maryland
- ACS International Schools, Doha (QA)