September 21, 1983
Vol. 03, Issue 03
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 19 - Commentary
Patricia M. Lines's recent Commentary on the significance of the U.S. Supreme Court's decision upholding Minnesota's plan allowing income-tax deductions for expenses incurred by parents with children in public and private schools, although generally accurate, was misleading in two respects.
PAGE 24 - Commentary
American schools traditionally have been organized around the neighborhood of residence.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Elementary School Principal
- Baltimore Curriculum Project, Baltimore, Maryland
- President - President Southern Association of Independent Schools
- SAIS, Norcross, Georgia
- ACS International Schools, Doha (QA)
- Vance County Schools Opportunity Culture Advanced Teaching and Paraprofessional Positions
- Vance County Schools, Henderson, North Carolina
- Program Manager, eLearning (Corwin)
- SAGE Publishing, Thousand Oaks, California