September 7, 1983
Vol. 03, Issue 01
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 28 - Commentary
The Selective Service System's advertisements put it in simple terms: "Registration: It's quick, it's easy, and it's the law!"
It is sometimes necessary to restate even the most obvious of truisms, if only to prevent them from being overlooked amid the sound and fury of passing political debate.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Director in Training
- Learning Care Group, Raleigh, North Carolina
- High School Geometry Teacher
- Confidential, Paramus, New Jersey
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina