August 24, 1983
Vol. 02, Issue 41
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 19 - Commentary
Ever since the end of World War II, the idea of introducing a system of national service has been put forward as a potential solution to a wide range of national ills.
PAGE 24 - Commentary
Earlier this summer, in Mueller v. Allen, the U.S. Supreme Court mustered a five-member majority to uphold Minnesota's allowance of income-tax deductions for the cost of tuition and related education expenses.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Special Education Middle/High School Principal
- AHRC New York City, New York (Manhattan) County, New York
- Assistant Superintendent for Support Services
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- High School Geometry Teacher
- Confidential, Paramus, New Jersey
- Program Associate
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts