January 26, 1982
Vol. 01, Issue 18
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 19 - Commentary
Anti-evolutionist efforts to gain equal time for creationism in the science curriculum of the public schools must be continually and firmly resisted. The nature and methodology of science, the requirements of the First Amendment of the Constitution, the principles of curriculum development, and the stated goals of the creationist movement all provide convincing arguments to support this view.
PAGE 24 - Commentary
What is an SLBM? A simple question. But the number of Americans who do not know the answer is staggering. During the Peloponnesian wars, any Greek child could have identified the weapons of war--spears, swords, shields--and known which kinds of troops used which weapons, why a particular weapon was better in one situation than another, and so on. What child today could even answer the question: "What is an SLBM?"
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Program Associate
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Special Education Middle/High School Principal
- AHRC New York City, New York (Manhattan) County, New York
- Assistant Superintendent for Support Services
- Chapel Hill-Carrboro City Schools, Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Executive Director, internal Board Auditor
- Duval County Public Schools, Jacksonville, Florida
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina