November 23, 1981
Vol. 01, Issue 12
For past issues, select from the drop-down menu.
PAGE 17 - Commentary
A driver following Route 95 south from Fairfax County, Va., to Richmond will pass signs to two military installations: Ft. Belvoir, an Army post in Fairfax County, and Quantico, a Marine base in Prince William County.
PAGE 24 - Commentary
In 1966, having taught history for two years in an independent day school, I became a public-school teacher. I saw public schools then--at least the "lighthouse" suburban district in which I chose to work--as an exciting, stimulating, and democratic environment.
FOUNDATION SUPPORT: Coverage of specific topics in Education Week is supported in part by grants from the Eli and Edythe Broad Foundation, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, the CME Group Foundation, the Carnegie Corporation of New York, the Jack Kent Cooke Foundation, the Joyce Foundation, the NoVo Foundation, the Noyce Foundation, the Raikes Foundation, the Wallace Foundation, and the Walton Family Foundation. The newspaper retains sole editorial control over the content of the articles that are underwritten by the foundations. Additional grants in support of Editorial Projects in Education’s data journalism and video capacity come from the Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and the Schott Foundation for Public Education. (Updated 1/1/2017)
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Drafting / Architecture / 3D Prototyping
- Garinger High School, Charlotte, North Carolina
- Chief Academic Officer
- Creative Minds International PCS, Washington D.C.
- Teachers Needed at Top International Schools in China & Hong Kong! All Grades/Subjects
- Edvectus, China (CN)
- Albert Einstein Distinguished Educator Fellowship
- Department Of Energy, Washington D.C.
- High School Geometry Teacher
- Confidential, Paramus, New Jersey