Published Online: December 6, 2011
Photo Gallery: Giving Guidance
Gail Bottone, the head of the guidance department at Sickles High School in Tampa, Fla., handles all college and career counseling for the school's nearly 2,000 students. Counselors like Ms. Bottone have a unique and powerful role to play in preparing students for life after high school. But a new survey of counselors, one of the largest ever, shows many are frustrated. In this slideshow, follow Ms. Bottone as she tackles questions, meetings, paperwork, and headaches.
Vol. 31, Issue 13
Get more stories and free e-newsletters!
Most Popular Stories
- Physics Teacher (Grade 9) SY18-19
- Dearborn STEM Academy, Boston Public Schools , Boston, Massachusetts
- Elementary School Teacher
- San Juan Island School District, Washington State
- High School Math Teacher
- Moreau Catholic High School, Hayward, California
- Senior Editor
- Facing History and Ourselves, Brookline, Massachusetts
- Chief Education Officer
- DECA, Reston, Virginia